In 2014, I made a purposeful effort to read more books. I have always loved books and own a lot (my wife thinks maybe too many). Many of my books I haven’t read (yet), but I do like to look at them and ponder that one day they will be read. I went through my library, and marked on the binding all of the books that I have read just to keep track for myself. I am one of those guys that will view a person or household by the books on his shelves. Below you will find a list of books I have read over the past three years.
Take a look, purchase a copy of one, and dive into an extraordinary world.
1. Hiking Through by Paul Stutzman. A story of a man’s trek through the Appalachian Trail to find peace in the wilderness. This is one of my first (of many) books about the AT that I plan to read.
2. Seth Godin: Live at Carnegie Hall by Andrew Hitz. A written version of a talk Seth Godin gave to students from Juilliard.
3. Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. The phenomenal memoir by the Founder of Nike. Grit, perseverance, and dedication are expressed all throughout the book
4. Coming Back Stronger by Drew Brees. The autobiography of the star quarterback of the New Orleans Saints written shortly after their Super Bowl victory in 2010.
5. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. A classic book discussing the fear and setbacks that often determine why an artist does not reach out to their full potential. Even though I wish I had read this book sooner in life, it will be read again and again.
6. Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALS Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. This book gives leadership principles from two Navy SEALS that fought in some of the heaviest fighting of the Iraq War. Three words: Discipline Equals Freedom. Click here to ready my thoughts on this book.
7. Born for This by Chris Guillebeau. This book discusses practical means by way of finding what you are good at, how to make money doing that, and live the life you want to live. The concept of a “Side Hustle” is talked about through the book. Click here to read my thoughts on this book.